Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Weight Loss

For past year or more, I have been making a consistent effort to loose weight and live a much more healthy life.
It has not been an easy task. I weighed a whopping 102 Kilo grams and was just not physically active. The house help system in India coupled with a very hectic work life ensured my complete lack of good health.

It all changed one day when I was in Tokyo for a week on business and was going through the snaps a colleague had taken of me.
I looked huge, almost obese and really unfit !
I was very concerned but I am very good at stubbing out inner voices. I put the inner voice down and went on with life as normal.

It was when I was in Singapore with my youngest sister for a business cum pleasure trip, I realized that I was getting grossly tired just crossing the road and had to continuously sit myself down for either a drink or a nibble every 15 mts. That was a real eye opener. I knew I just had to do something or my heart will collapse of over pumping.
I looked ghastly in all my pictures. It was a washed out, tired an significantly unhappy self that I saw in them.

I got back and took ages to think what I can do. Someone suggested diet centers. Others suggested Ayurveda centers where they put you on fresh lemon and warm water only for 15 days and you end up loosing weight. I did not want to go the easy way out i.e. cutting on food and eventually loosing all muscle mass and charm.

A family friend suggested using "Personal Trainer". It was expensive, way too much but having her meant I would be forced to exercise 5 days a week even if I did not want to. Those were her conditions. She said she would charge me per class and I need to do 5 days a week with her.

I started with her and believe me when I say that it was quite some challenge.
I will be writing of my fitness regime to motivate myself and continue with it. I have lost a decent weight but I need to keep working hard to be where I want to be..

So, be tuned....

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! That sounds most impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Thanks so much Isabelle !
    I have to loose so much more :(
    I need a miracle :)

    ReplyDelete