Thursday, June 24, 2010

25 Things about Me

Honestly, if I didn't get tagged(on facebook), I would have never got this list together, but now that I have, do admit that it was much fun. A real “awakening”. So here it goes...

1. I am a self confessed Shopaholic! I love to shop any thing and everything ;)

2. Gadgets and perfumes make my legs weak. I have a beautiful collection of perfumes and soon will require an excel listing out all the good gadgets if I can’t manage to buy them.

3. I am fascinated by music. I've scoured all kinds of music from around the globe and spent hours trying to decipher interesting stories around them (from folk songs to ballads to rap to trance to soft melodious numbers). I wish I could sing just as well.

4. I love to read. Infact it’s an obsession more then a passion. I can’t imagine my life without books. I have a collection spanning thousands of books from all genres and they are my solace in grief, in happiness, in sadness and in loneliness. I never feel alone even in a roomful of unknown people with a book in hand.

5. I am an enthusiastic traveler. Europe is my favorite destination and France and Italy are the coveted places to go. Take me, take me, take me……..

6. Contrary to the look I give, I am an extremely shy person. It takes me a lot of efforts and weak knees to go and socialize in formal settings on both professional and personal side but no one would ever guess that looking at me.

7. I am an excellent cook and can come up with great tasting food most times. Each time it happens, I feel like it’s an achievement.

8. I adore and am simply crazy about watches. Watches have a special place in my life. I have 8 watches in all but I could happily do with a dozen more. R people getting a hint ? :)

9. I love long drives with great conversations. Nothing is better then a long drive, an interesting companion and dark roads. The mystique of unknown magic out there on the roads at nights, charms me like nothing else.

10. I am quite religious but not towards any one religion, instead I just love the presence of God in any which way. If I am in Japan, I go to Shinto Shrines, In UK I go to churches and cathedrals and in India, temples and mosques carry similar weightage. I also believe in working towards being spiritual and humane. I believe what goes around does indeed come around.


11. I am crazy about key chains and fridge magnets. Where ever I have visited in the world, I have two key chains from the area.


12. When ever I am hurt or tensed, a good head massage is the key to cure me. Nothing soothes me like a head massage.


13. I am an ardent fan of tea! I absolutely, simply adore “PG Tips” from UK which I have been getting regularly from UK courtesy good friends and am also crazy about Darjeeling tea. So now, all you people out there, you know which teas to get me!


14. Good news, I am easily pleased :) however, if you have managed to hurt me hard, nothing in the world will make me go back to you! There has only been one exception to it till date and there wont be any else!


15. At work, preferred means of communication is hands down emails but I avoid writing to any co-worker sitting at one hand distance to me :)


16. I am not fond of chocolates and sweets except that sometimes they do provide big comfort and people find that extremely odd. Always get the raised eyebrows!!


17. I am a pure “Romantic”. I think love is the key to life because love makes you conquer all the negatives that you would normally scorn at in a person and start accepting those habits as irritating but something you “can” put up with.


18. I am a very simple person at heart. Simple caring coupled with a few flowers; a few small gifts can cheer me like nothing else. I don’t need elaborate gifts pal, I just need you to be there for me. It’s not what you are, but how you are with me that matters.


19. I love babies and children ! Nothing beats holding a cuddly baby in arms.


20. I love to watch movies and being an Indian that may not come off as strange. In this matter I am in the center of the Hollywood as well as Bollywood camp. I am a die hard romantic movie fan. No gross murder and gory details for me please. Action cinema and TNT classics also interest me.


21. I started reading in reverse order. I read Maxim Gorky’s mother in Class VII and went on to read Mills & Boon when I started working J Is my brain depleting?


22. I love dogs !! God, their beautiful, soulful eyes melt me like nothing else. I love all kinds of dogs except Dalmatians. The person who gifts me a golden retriever knows the key to my heart. So folks, I like diamonds and fuss and frill but I do adore dogs!


23. I enjoy sea and sea beaches in all its moods.


24. The only sport that I would pay to watch would be Tennis & FIFA. I agree on the woman's tennis front however, after Steffi Graf left, it's really lost its charm.

25. This could(does) sound crazy! When I put my old purses away, I always leave cash in their pockets and try to forget about it. Later, when I use them and dig into them, viola!! As someone said “There’s nothing more delightful to unexpectedly find some moneys :) small pleasures I say !"

1 comment:

  1. Apart from the key chains, fridge magnets, perfume collection and the love for dogs, we are very very different, my friend! :) But you have a place in my heart maybe because we are so different and your virtual and unconditional friendship helped me in my difficult times more than some other people. xx

    ReplyDelete